Thursday, March 14, 2013

Song of the Male Narcissist

When I said that I would leave you 
I meant "Don't let me go" 
and instead of saying yes to you 
I said - I'll let you know 

I put myself above you 
so you'd think me some great prize 
and blamed my faults upon you 
all because of my false pride 

So I know you have good reason 
for complaining like you do 
because I never really thought of you 
just 'to mine own ego' was I true 

But the truth is I'm embarrassed 
for how badly I've behaved 
and for being such a coward 
I really am ashamed 

Cause I don't want you to guess 
how helpless that I feel 
and that I don't know how to save you 
even though my love is real 

There is so much I have to learn 
and if you're needing proof 
just look at how I twist and turn 
and struggle with the truth 

I cannot be your hero 
and I don't always understand 
and really I just want you to see 
the child within this man 

I'm so scared that you will leave me 
when you see my acts a sham 
and that I gave up long ago 
on being loved for who I am 

I need a guiding hand in life 
and need you to be strong 
I need you to be virtuous 
and let me tag along 

Set me goals I can accomplish 
and praise me where you can 
not for the act - just for the steps 
I take to become a man 

Cause I still have tantrums like a baby 
and think I must get my way 
and I don't know how to listen 
and I haven't learned to pray 

So love and please don't leave me 
and help me learn to get along, 
but stop crying and getting angry 
cause it's really you who's strong 

To make me feel bad won't change things 
cause I'm already wracked with shame. 
and sometimes you must say "no" for me 
and kindly say my name 

and if I'm being brutish 
you must make me face the law 
You must show concern with courage 
if you want my heart to thaw 

Cause I won't respect a victim 
and you won't beat me at that game 
and if you really want to tame me 
you can't be scared of public shame 

Cause it will take men with integrity 
that I squarely have to face 
you see I'm craving a strong father 
and you'll never take his place 

And I'm trying hard to trust you 
which I don't know how to do 
and I hope you can forgive me 
and I hope that we're not through 


SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE....
THANKS KIM COOPER (SUPERHERO/WOMAN)
http://www.narcissismdailymirror.com

No comments:

Post a Comment